Wednesday, June 07, 2006

If your cell phone doesn't work, don't lick the walls

Today I went to Hallettsville to work. Lovely, lovely Hallettsville. If you've been reading my blog you'll know that they seem to have a problem with that whole separation of church and state (and telling the difference between fact and urban legend). No such luck finding constitutional infractions today... But really, my point is that I had some time in the car to ponder a few things.

1. Like why my cell phone doesn't work in the house and my wireless signal is for crap. Turns out what my friend said is true. Lead paint blocks reception of cell phones and wifi. So, if you want to stop people from stealing your bandwidth, get some lead paint. Of course, you wont be able to use your cell phone unless you hang out the window...

2. Like why the president thinks its any of his business who gets married. At least the Senate didn't have enough assholes for the required 2/3 vote.

3. And why did Robert Dinero donate all of his movie crap to the Ransom Center at The University of Texas? Does he have some secret ties to Austin that we don't know about? I know that they have other famous people's movie crap, but it doesn't seem like UT has a premiere collection or anything. Who knows?

Of course I had time to think about a lot of other things, but they are too personal or just too boring to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They still use lead paint there? Those paint chips could be valuable artifacts.

pineapple said...

maybe I should sell them on eBay...