Friday, June 16, 2006

From one end of Texas to another...

I'm back in Austin. Whew! It has been a long day and I just found out that my summer is pretty much shot. Seven day work weeks until August 31st. No summer vacation this year. No fun birthday. Not much fun anything. Guess I'm going to have to pony up the $50 to save my free ticket on Southwest for the fall.

This time I am going to be in various small towns in North Texas. I guess it is a change in scenery. But not really because a courthouse is a courthouse is a courthouse. They all have big dusty books. Depending on internet availability, I may not be blogging much until September. But I've found that more and more motels in "small town" Texas do offer internet access. I'll just have to take it as it comes.

One strange thing I saw on the way home as I was between Beeville and Kenedy, there was a small sign that said simply, "GO WITH US." Go where? And who is "us"? My first thought was that, no I don't want to go. Next I started thinking that what I really need is a good digital camera so that I can write a coffee table book about weird shit in Texas. I know that I've seen a lot of Texas and that I've seen a lot of weird shit. That sounds like more fun than living in dusty courthouses...

No comments: