Sunday, April 15, 2007

A not so honest mistake

My friend, Alberto Gonzales, has come semi-clean about his involvement in the dismissals of eight U.S. attorneys. You know the ones -- they were fired for cause but didn't do anything wrong (unless you count the fact that they weren't all buddy-buddy with the administration). Ole Al is calling the way he handled the dismissals an "honest mistake." Well, if it really was an honest mistake, why the cover up? I would like to think that when I make a mistake that it is honest and that I can be honest about it. It seems like people tend to cover up the things that weren't so honest or that weren't really mistakes. Or maybe that's just me. I also wonder why if he is being "honest" now why he really isn't being all that honest about it. When people talk about being "less than precise with my words when discussing the resignations" I jump to the conclusion that it is lawyer speak for "I am a liar, liar, pants on fire!" It seems like he is the kid that is real sorry that he got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar, but it isn't sorry at all for stealing the cookies. Right now he just wants to save his ass 9and his job). His testimony on Tuesday ought to be interesting...

2 comments:

mad said...

Good one, Pineapple. What happened to his initial denials? He might have been more credible if he'd had the huevos to say at the very beginning, "Yeah, I fired them. So what?"

pineapple said...

You said it yourself -"'... this hen got no huevos".