Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Return of An Old Friend

Glee. That is the emotion I felt yesterday when I read the story. And I would have written about it sooner, but I had more important things to do (hang out with my girlfriends and watch the return of Brenda Walsh -- it was awesome by the way). My buddy Alberto was back in the news yesterday because a true muse never really goes away. So not only did he violate the Constitution by illegally firing those lawyers (not to mention the obscene hiring filters), but it turns out Al was taking super top secret papers home at night in his briefcase. And he didn't even lock them up in the safe he had at home because he couldn't remember the combination. And when these papers were at work, he kept them in the safe in his office not in the super special top secret paper place where they belonged. Bad, Alberto, bad!

But the most hilarious part of the story was in the article I read on foxnews.com. The quote reads, "[r]esponding, Gonzales' attorneys say the former attorney general did not mishandle the classified data on purpose. Rather, he apparently was forgetful or unaware of the proper way to handle the top secret papers."

Well, that makes it alright. So, since he didn't really mean to do it (or he was just too stupid to realize that you don't just leave super top secret papers laying around in a briefcase), they are declining prosecution. Again. What a lucky bastard.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFL! I only heard a brief report on what Alberto did. Guess he watched too much "Get Smart" on tv. Proof positive that sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. I'm still laughing at Fox and Friends when Steve Doocey said that Palin had foreign policy experience since Alaska is next to Russia. Jeez. Think I'll just stick to "Countdown".

mad said...

The first thing I thought of when I read about Alberto forgetting his combination was how you'd have a field day with this. Ha! What a doof. Unfortunately, he'll never get indicted for these high crimes.

p.s. Did you quit facebook?

pineapple said...

jill: oh! Alberto! He probably can't figure out the remote so he could watch Get Smart. We all need to steer clear of Faux News. Countdown is the best show on TV for real news.

mad: he is a doof. and he isn't really worthy of being part of the legion of doom (mostly because he just seems to stumble into things).

p.s. the ass wipes at facebook suspended my account. we are in negotiations (i.e. I told them that they are idiots). We will see how well that turns out. I still haven't heard back from them...

mad said...

Those facebook bastards! For the life of me I can't think why they would do that. You're just a major rebel, I guess.

I hope they restore your account. I need all the friends I can get.

pineapple said...

they seem to think I'm not a real person or I have a suspicious account. i'm not really sure. they will be sorry (or i will waste a lot of time fooling myself that i am making them sorry)...