Thursday, August 03, 2006

A working vacation?

What the hell is that, you ask? That is what Baby Boy Bush is calling his trip to his "ranch" in Crawford. I will do my best to refrain from my rants about how W is not a Texan and that he doesn't even have a real ranch so he should not call it that. But back to this concept of a "working vacation." Maybe it is a little bit of black and white thinking on my part, but I think you are either at work or on vacation. You can't do both at the same time. Of course, one could argue that his entire presidency has been a "working vacation". That is a discussion for another day. As a Texan, if I were to take one of these working vacations I would like to take mine someplace where it isn't over 100 degrees everyday. This is why Texans spend their free time at the pool, in the lake or in the ocean. It is really hot in Texas. Of course, if I were to have a ranch I would have some cattle. I guess my lack of understanding of ranching and working vacations can completely explain why I struggle to make a living and W is a world leader.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just guessing, but I take it you don't consider your time Bumfuck, NM a "working vacation."

Nice profile picture, btw. It's new, right?

pineapple said...

My work is never a vacation.

And yes, the pic is new. Thanks!