Friday, November 11, 2005

and its not even talk like a pirate day

So, I don't know about everybody else, but I have been fascinated by the recent pirate attack on the cruise ship off the coast of Somalia. Really the only time you hear about pirates is on Talk Like a Pirate Day -- Aaargh! Anyway, I didn't really think about the fact that there were really still pirates these days. I'm surprised they aren't called terrorists and immediately thrown into the secret CIA prisons that don't exist... Which kind of leads me to my next point, apparently, there have been a lot of pirate attacks all over the world. After looking at the map (Click Here) I have decided I will not go on any cruises in the Indian Ocean. But remarkably there aren't any reported pirate attacks off of the coast of this country. I have a couple ideas about this. It is possible that our Coast Guard is so good that they can prevent all pirate activity. This I seriously doubt. Drug smugglers and Cubans make it to our shores every day. It is more likely that these attacks are called something else. You know, Guantanamo Bay is a handy dandy vacation spot for those folks that we don't really want to deal with. But what do I know about deceptive government practices?

No comments: