Thursday, January 12, 2006

my hero for the day

Who would have thought that one of the most progressive drug treatment centers in the world would be in Iran? I sure didn't. I guess its only a mater of time before the government pulls the plug on that operation. Frankly, I think its a simple yet brilliant idea to put a methadone clinic and a needle exchange in the same place. The people in recovery see how bad the junkies look and the junkies see how good the people in recovery look. Learning by example is a basic and universal way for humans to learn something. If you think about the things you've learned (i.e. how to use a fork, tie your shoes, etc.) it was because someone showed you. I am a big fan of ideas that are brilliant because they are so simple. So my hero for the day is Dr. Bijan Nassirimanesh.

No comments: