Monday, October 29, 2007

What I Did This Weekend

the funniest thing this weekend: I saw saw Tuna Does Vegas. Just about everything in Tuna Does Vegas was funny and I laughed from start to finish. But one of the lines that really stuck with me and still makes me giggle is when Anna Conda says, "She booked the economy wedding package called the 'Compassionate Conservative'. It doesn't mean anything, but it sure is fun to say."

the strangest fruit: My neighbor has an orange tree in his yard and we saw him when we were walking the dogs. MOTL asked how hard it was to grow an orange tree and that is when he told his that his oranges tasted like limes and he gave us some. He wasn't kidding, they taste like limes with a hint of orange. You don't really want to just peel them and eat them like an orange but they sure are good when you squeeze it in your water.

and that sums up my exciting weekend.


6 comments:

LesleyRamsey said...

E grows lemons that tase more like oranges... weird, huh?

pineapple said...

it is a wacky, fruity world we live in!

Nervana said...

i used to grow limes.....they smelled wonderful and looked pretty, but they NEVER had one bit of juice in them. so i quit watering and now the tree is just a brown thornbush. a plant should serve its purpose. limes are meant to be squeezed into bacardi.

pineapple said...

nervana: yes they are. i bet those lime-oranges would be good in a drinky-drink...

Nervana said...

By the way, Pineapple Princess, have i told you how much i admire the tenacity and good spirit that you are exhibiting during your job-search? You are an inspiration to us all.

pineapple said...

nervana: I love you! I have my moments when a pity party is in order, but for the most part the things that happen are SO STUPID and I have the choice to laugh or cry. Laughing is so much more fun. Besides, no one likes a whiner.