Monday, October 20, 2008

The Mavericky Pineapple from Texas

I'm feeling mavericky today. I could just wander around aimlessly today and not lift up my arms like my mavericky friend, Bobum.* But I'm a different kind of mavericky maverick. I'm the kind of maverick that stands up against the majority of voters in Texas by voting Democratic. And I'm going to do it today. That's right. Today. I get to vote for Barack Obama today and it feels really damn good. I get to reject the last eight years of failed republican policy today. I also get to vote for some great people running for statewide office that probably don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. But that's what it is like when you are mavericky. You vote against the John McCains and the John Cornyns of the world even though you know it is a losing proposition in Texas. But you do it because it is the right thing to do. That, and you get a really cool "I Voted" sticker.



*He will be mavericky in the voting way, too. Just maybe not today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Right on!n A True Texas Maverick!

Anonymous said...

Hello:



Can you please help it is critical for us to stand up for our freedoms!



http://www.thestevenreedlegalfund.4t.com/

Nervana said...

HEY! i didn't get a sticker! but i did get a really bad headache.....does that count?

mad said...

Hey, you mean you don't have to stand in a long line, wating for people to decide in the voting booth who they're going to vote for because they were undecided up till then? Why, this early voting stuff is absolutely UNAMERICAN!