Wednesday, April 26, 2006

south texas sucks, but hebbronville rules

This week I have been to lovely Laredo and Hebbronville. When I got to Laredo, it was a cool and breezy 108 degrees. That is the actual temperature, not the heat index. I just hope I don't have to go back anytime this summer. I think I might melt and die.

Next stop, Hebbronville. Where is that, you ask? Basically, it is in the middle of fucking nowhere. And there really isn't much to it. Mostly, there are a bunch of empty and rundown buildings and the courthouse. Despite the crappiness of the town, it isn't really that bad. Don't get me wrong, I sure as fuck do not want to live here. However, I have had the best time here. Working at the courthouse was a dream. I found what I needed right away. I had a kick ass dinner. I highly recommend Peppers. The fried pork chops rocked and they served real green beans -- not that canned shit. And what really topped it off, was that when my sweetie and I went to the convenience store, the guy gave him the best cap ever for free. Every boy needs a camouflage cap that reads:

South Texas
Trophy Hunter
Hebbronville, Texas

(and don't forget about the embroidered deer!)

No comments: