Friday, April 28, 2006

I get knocked down, but I get up again

My trip to South Texas ends on a sad note. The "fun" as we had in Hebbronville was soon overshadowed by the trip back to Austin. In short, my transmission went out. I'm so glad I just spent a lot of money getting my air conditioner fixed a couple of weeks ago. By the time we got to San Antonio, my car could only go 40 mph. While driving the whole way back on the frontage road gave me opportunity to see things I've never noticed before, it really makes for a much longer trip. It took 8 hours to make what should have been a little over 4....

And then there was Buda. Right before we made it to Buda, my front right tire blew out. Aaagh! A really nice DPS Trooper stopped to see what was going on. Actually, he wasn't very nice until I started chatting to him about how my cousin is a DPS trooper. So, that's always fun to talk to cops. And its really fun to fall over for reason right in front of cops. That's what happened to me when my stupid flip flop broke! Naturally, the spare tire did not have enough air so we had to stop once again to fix that.

So, now I have a car that needs a new tire and a new transmission. Since fixing the transmission costs more than the car is worth, I have to figure out how the hell I am going to buy another car. That's why I keep singing, "I get knocked down, but I get up again..."

No comments: