Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shoes. Shoes. Shoes. Oh My God. Shoes.

This is the second post in my "Good-bye to You, W!" series. While this really falls under current events, undoubtedly this will be one of those moments we will fondly remember for years to come.



So while we all await the fate of the Iraqi television journalist that threw his shoes at Baby Boy Bush, we are all subjected to the many videos versions. We have the purist version with subtitles for those us of that are unfamiliar with Arabic (and a slo-mo replay too!):



And the version where the Three Stooges throw shoes and pies and whatever at him. The remix versions and parodies (like the cats and the Austin Powers versions). And now, we are finding that shoe throwing is the new protest. I have been throwing shoes at the president (OK, just my house shoes being hurled at the TV) for years.

But I am a purist, so I prefer Kelly and her search for shoes:



And for the record, I think they should pardon Muntazer al-Zaidi.


1 comment:

pineapple said...

The shoe thrower says he has no regrets. Personally, I would regret that I missed.