Thursday, May 10, 2007

This is the summer of 3

It is that time of year -- summer blockbuster movies galore. Just like every year, the majority of them are crap. Usually we are faced with a bunch of sequels to crappy movies -- and there are some of those coming soon to a theater near you. But what is special about this summer is that Hollywood is banking on the fact that you liked some of those sequels so much that you want to the third one.

Here is a list of the ones I can think of:
Spider-Man 3
Rush Hour 3
Oceans 13
Shrek the Third
The Bourne Ultimatum
Resident Evil: Extinction
Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

See what I mean? But what really suprises me is that I actually want to see some of those movies. What is wrong with me? Maybe I should just go see Hot Fuzz two more times instead...

2 comments:

mad said...

Some of those I'll just wait for the DVD. Some of those I haven't even seen the first one!

pineapple said...

I am an avid crappy movie watcher, but that's why they invented HBO-- so you don't have to watch crappy movies in public. And I admit I have seen the first two parts of all of these series. What the hell do I do with my time? While I very rarely actually go to the movies, the thought of Alice and Captain Jack on the big screen might be enough to lure me to an icy cold theater this summer.