Tuesday, December 08, 2009

what a bummer

I've spent the past week of my life in utter turmoil.  Mostly because everything in my house has placed in stacks in the middle of my rooms.  I haven't been able to really cook or clean or do laundry this whole time because the entire inside of my house was being painted.  Every morning I took the dogs to my parents house and then picked them up after work.  How you people with kids don't just die of exhaustion, I'll never know.  The painters basically finished today and I like that my walls aren't all nasty and dingy.  The rest of my house is all nasty and dingy because I've had painters in it for a week, but the walls aren't all nasty and dingy any more.  I guess I have a lot of house cleaning in my future.  But I was really bummed out when I discovered that they splattered paint all over my shower curtain, tub, sink, and my fantastic 1950s bathroom tile.  Then I discovered that most of my blinds have been booby trapped because they fall off on my head when I try to adjust them.  It is after 11:00 pm and there is still a huge stack of stuff on my bed.  I'm exhausted and I need to go to bed.  I'm thinking about crying, but I'm just too fucking tired.  Also?  It turns out the color I picked for the bedroom looks like shit with my carpet.  Yay, me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Painting expeditions always suck. At least you didn't have to do it yourself ... some of my most stressful and angry memories are those of painting and other do it yourself home projects.

Give it a few weeks and I bet you'll come around to like it. Not having our shit in order can do a job on our outlook.

And as for the blinds ... bah. That must've been the cherry on top but one you'll someday laugh at.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard go of it this week <3

mad said...

This is the main reason I do all the interior painting myself. Plus, I think of it as therapy. I actually kind of like doing it. Plus, ahem, I'm good too -- no splatters, blinds work like they're supposed to, etc. Of course, it takes a looooong time. About the time I finish the upstairs bedrooms, it will be time to start downstairs again. Heh.

pineapple said...

I feel much better about the whole thing. The painters did some touch up stuff and got all the paint off the various surfaces they splattered in the bathroom (it helps to hold the money hostage). The blinds are still booby trapped, but I'm looking at it as an opportunity to clean them really well. I've also come up with a plan for the carpet. I'm tearing that nasty shit up. There are some really nice hardwood floors under there. I think I have a new project...

Unknown said...

I'd join you in a good cry but that would mean I'd have to either kill two kids, husband, or dog first. Right now "beer-thirty" is looking really good...Uh, nuts it's only noon. Gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere.