Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bye bye, Bob!

Like a lot of people I really loved The Price Is Right. I always wanted to be on that show, but I just never made it. I guess it just seemed like Bob Barker would be hosting that show forever and that I had plenty of time to make that trip. Was I ever wrong. I grew up watching. Bob started hosting that show one week after I was born. During summer breaks, one of the games my neighborhood friends and I played was The Price Is Right. We would pull canned goods and household items out of my parents' pantry for pricing games (to win invisible new cars) and I would come up with the prizes for the showcases (often lovely vacations or a dinette set with the carpet included). I was usually Bob Barker and I loved it. It was way more fun than being a contestant. You know I'm thinking they still haven't announced a replacement for Bob. Maybe I should audition? I mean I can host that show without sets or actual prizes, so think how good I would be if I had those advantages. But really, the point of this blog is that Bob Barker rocks. I will miss Bob, his zany 70's set, and his never ending enthusiasm for the pricing games. As an adult, watching The Price Is Right was always a high point of being sick or playing hooky from school or work. Bye bye, Bob!

3 comments:

mad said...

Is that the one where all the contestants wore goofy costumes, yeah? I wouldn't want to be a contestant either.

Unknown said...

I remember when my kids were little they used to come running into the room when they heard the opening. Funny how all the sights and sounds attract little kids. I wonder how long it will be before Bob gets bored?

pineapple said...

mad: actually, it was always a dream of mine to go on The Price is Right. Oh well, one more dream down the drain...

jill: I bet he is already bored. I hope that they can't find a replacement (I mean who could really replace Bob?) and he will come back. Maybe it is all a big hoax.

Just remember: Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered.