Once upon a time I was looking at my law license and noticed that every single Texas Supreme Court Justice that signed it was evil. I dubbed them the "Legion of Doom." Last on the list, but not least, is Alberto Gonzales. I noticed this at a time when I was looking for a job. It made me wonder if it was some sort of struggle between good and evil (as in the bad juju on my license was keeping me from prospering). What can I say? I had a lot of time on my hands. As I am once again looking for a change in career, I wonder if that bad juju is going to kick a girl when she is down.
Of course, some of the members of the Legion of Doom are busy spreading their evil among others:
1. Nathan Hecht is busy trying to convince the State of Texas to pay the legal bills for his bad judgment in supporting Harriet Miers in her bid to be on the Supreme Court.
2. Priscilla Owen is busy being an inept judge on the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals (only after being confirmed on the second try).
3. Greg Abbott is busy screwing things up as Texas Attorney General. My favorite was his retarded AG Opinion that had to be suspended because its effect was to shut down every county clerk in the state.
3. James A. Baker, Craig T. Enoch, and Deborah Hankinson are now in private practice.
4. Harriet O'Neil, a Dubya appointee is still on the bench.
5. And we all know what ole Alberto is up to these days. Dismissing attorneys for doing their jobs. I can't even begin to tell you how that pisses me off. In the end, these attorneys will be better off because there are plenty of law firms and law schools that will hire them. However, most of these attorneys took these jobs thinking that they would be doing a great thing for this country. It must be a real blow to your self-esteem to be fired for doing your job. Not much justice in that, is there? Oh the irony.
So there's my two cents on the Legion of Doom. Basically, they suck.