Sunday, March 26, 2006

is technorati your friend?

Well, I can't answer that question for you and I'm not even going to try. While trying to claim my blog for the millionth time -- don't even get me started on that one! But please read on if you want to hear my rant-- I started looking at the trendy searches for the day. Today, the top search was for "unhinged". While that seems like a silly search term in itself, the results are even more so. The top hits are for blogs doing exactly what I am about to do. They are all commenting on how unhinged is the top Technorati search term. For real? Is this how people get others to read their blogs on a daily basis? Do people think to themselves,"I'm going to blog about the trendy Technorati search terms!" ??? And yet.

My interest in the trendy search terms is really just for occasional entertainment. What really keeps me going back to Technorati is my stubbornness. When I first started this blog, I tried to claim it on Technorati. It wouldn't let me. I followed their directions and contacted the "help" people. Or whatever. After a day or two I got a friendly canned email telling me that they would contact me soon about claiming my blog. They suggested I write back if I didn't hear from them again within a few days. Nothing. I wrote back. Nothing. Occasionally, I try to claim my blog. It never works. I write to them as per their suggestion. Nothing. So, I guess I can answer my question. technorati may be your friend, but right now Technorati and I are not playing well together.

No comments: